Senior Pricing Analyst
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Muncie Power Products, an industry leader in Power Take-Offs and mobile power components to the truck equipment industry, has an immediate opening within the Sales Department for a Sr. Pricing Analyst.
The Sr. Pricing Analysr is responsible for providing a consistent approach and strategic thought for the pricing of products. He/She will review and improve the pricing process along with developing strategic pricing recommendations to be presented to senior leadership. Objectives set forth for this role will be accomplished through research and analysis of competitive pricing dynamics and development of robust pricing models for our products and product lines.
Location: The position will report to the Senior Executive Director of Sales and sit at corporate headquarters in Muncie, IN.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage total pricing procedure, enhance processes to make most of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market conditions
- Develop pricing policies and procedures
- Ongoing process improvement (e.g., create repeatable process for analysis like customer adoption, win/losses, margin degradation/improvement, price realization). Perform financial evaluation to assess pricing action effectiveness
- Review business accounts to ensure accurate pricing
- Work collaboratively with sales leadership to support ongoing development and review of channel partner discount strategies
- Partner with buyers, product managers and sales department to ensure integrated profit maximizing approach to market
- Identify and highlight key strategic considerations surrounding large pricing requests. Assist with pricing negotiations of customers' proposals
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters
- Conduct analysis and modeling based on key pricing inputs to develop optimal pricing recommendations
- Assess financial impact of price approach in view of overall history as well as profitability of customer
- Consolidate and manage pricing knowledge over time to provide ever greater context for pricing decisions
- Synthesize analysis and present recommendations to senior management which maximize profitability
• Experience: 3-5+ years business to business experience working in an analytic capacity
• Education: BS in Business, Marketing, Accounting or related major
• Language: English
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to work across functional areas
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint; knowledge of Visual Basic, SQL, SPSS or an alternate statistical package preferred
- Highly self-motivated with a track record of taking ownership
- Ability to interact with senior management; strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to synthesize information into key messages appropriate for the audience
- High tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work cooperatively and forge relationships
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Reports to: Senior Executive Director of Sales
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Muncie Power Products does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Muncie Power Products shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Muncie Power Products.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org