Cell Assembly - Crew Lead (3rd Shift)
- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for over 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From Accounting and Human Resources, to Customer Service, Sales, Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing and Assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Muncie Power Products, an industry leader in Power Take-Offs and mobile power components to the truck equipment industry, has an immediate opening within the Distribution Department for a Cell Assembly - Crew Lead (3rd Shift). Reporting to the Assistant Assembly Manager, this hire is essential in leading the day-to-day activities of mechanical assembly. This position requires a hands-on approach and focus on producing high quality, detailed-oriented work, based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise and consistent work output is essential, requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time.
Note: This hire will work third shift, but initially train on day shift.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position due to "the operation of a motor vehicle, other vehicle (fork lift), equipment, machinery or power tools and/or repairing, maintaining or monitoring the performance or operation of any equipment, machinery, or manufacturing process, the malfunction of disruption of which could result in injury or property damage."
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs the activities of the personnel in the Assembly Cells. Focuses on maximizing value stream profitability by continually improving processes
- Provides training, support, direction, and guidance to Assembly Cell employees. Assures that capacity levels match short term and long term demand
- Promotes and administers safety awareness on a daily basis. Maintains close relationship with employees to promote effective working relationships
- Focuses on building teamwork within the Assembly Cells
- Conducts periodic employee meetings
- Monitors throughput vs. standards and takes corrective action as necessary to maximize efficiency
- Assures ISO and quality standards meet company requirements
- Insures that plant quality policy and procedures are followed
- Ensures that Company standard practices and procedures are followed in accordance with the department functions
- Interprets written instructions and specifications, including blueprint reading
Experience: Two years experience in a lean manufacturing environment with Lean implementer certification (preferred)
Education: Associate degree (preferred) and/or High school diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be able to secure and retain a forklift license
- Good mathematical and precision measurement aptitude
- Ability to make recommendations and effectively participate in the implementation of plant policies and procedures
- Must be flexible to perform a variety of assignments and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to work well with others
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Assistant Assembly Manager
Physical Activity: Occasional lifting of objects ranging from 1-75+ pounds may be required
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Muncie Power Products does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Muncie Power Products shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Muncie Power Products.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org