Material Handler - Manufacturing (1st Shift)
- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for over 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From Accounting and Human Resources, to Customer Service, Sales, Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing and Assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Muncie Power Products, an industry leader in Power Take-Offs and mobile power components to the truck equipment industry, has an immediate opening within the Manufacturing Department for a Material Handler - 1st Shift. Reporting to the Senior Industrial Engineer, this hire will serve as an invaluable contributor to the machine shop at our flagship manufacturing plant in Tulsa, OK. This teammember will partake in the movement, unbinding, and sorting of raw material and assist with the consolidation of parts. If you enjoy fast-paced, hands on work, this position may be for you!
This position is considered a safety sensitive position due to "the operation of a motor vehicle, other vehicle (fork lift), equipment, machinery or power tools and/or repairing, maintaining or monitoring the performance or operation of any equipment, machinery, or manufacturing process, the malfunction of disruption of which could result in injury or property damage."
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retrieves all necessary materials for saw operations
- Moves material to facilitate loading material racks as needed using various industrial material handling methods
- Unbinds and sorts incoming material after receiving process
- Sorts parts from multiple containers into a single container
- Sorts parts from old or damaged containers to new containers
- Assures ISO and quality standards meet company requirements
- Ensures that Company standard practices and procedures are followed in accordance with the department functions
- Promotes and administers safety awareness on a daily basis
- Interprets written, oral, and digital instructions and specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience: Two years experience in a lean manufacturing environment
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be able to secure and retain a forklift license
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good safety practices
- Basic math skills
- Forklift experience preferred
- Overhead crane experience preferred
- Must be flexible to perform a variety of assignments and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to make recommendations and effectively participate in the implementation of plant policies and procedures
- Ability to work well with others
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Senior Industrial Engineer
Physical Activity: Occasional lifting of objects ranging from 1-50 pounds may be required
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Muncie Power Products does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Muncie Power Products shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Muncie Power Products.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media