Senior Executive Director - Engineering
- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for over 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From Accounting and Human Resources, to Customer Service, Sales, Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing and Assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
The Senior Executive Director – Engineering is a key contributor to the strategic and operational components of our engineering, manufacturing, sales and product processes. As the senior leader, you will be directly involved with engineering & new product design, quality assurance, product solutions & evolution, and market/customer demands. Reporting to the Chairman, CEO & President, this addition will serve as a member of the upper management team, leading up to six (6) direct reports and overseeing a staff of 20+ engineering personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a member of the upper management team in the development and execution of strategic plans
- Evaluates and analyzes the results of engineering programs and projects regularly and systemically – reporting these results to the Chairman, CEO & President
- Participates in the formulation of corporate business objectives, plans and policies
- Maintains regular contact with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and automotive manufacturers to evaluate business solutions
- Directs all aspects of engineering processes to foster and maintain best in class engineering operation
- Ensures Research & Development is an active part of engineering strategy
- Develops and leads new product innovation
- Manages new and existing product development process
- Oversees and manages technical aspects of intellectual property portfolio including long range planning
- Creates, manages and revises engineering budget, cost and expense, evaluating financial and time impact on projects
- Directs engineering processes supporting other operating areas (e.g. manufacturing, marketing, service and support, and sales)
- Collaborates with leadership team on engineering strategy
- Supervises and directs all department activity to achieve stated performance goals including quality and on-time delivery
- Coordinates, establishes and assigns performance goals for department employees
- Through subordinate team leaders, directs continuing engineering product design, and laboratory processes
- Responsible for personnel activities to include staffing and disciplinary actions
- Drives company culture and focuses on fact-based management practices
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiencies
- Writes, revises, and publishes relevant technical bulletins, manuals and design materials
- Anticipates market and product trends, needs and disruptors, while providing timely solutions
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively more responsible technical and managerial experience, including at least five (5) years in the automotive aftermarket
Education: Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required; MBA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of general engineering principles, practices and methods, as applicable to the automotive setting
- Thorough knowledge of OEM manufacturers and suppliers
- Preferred experience with major manufacturing operation (auto, agricultural, construction)
- Ability to interact with clients and customers
- Ability to conduct presentations to executive groups and employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to make decisions independently and with teams
- Ability to think strategically and execute on strategy
- Leadership skills focused on achieving business results
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Leadership Team
Position Reports to: Chairman, CEO & President
Physical Activity: Occasional lifting of objects ranging from 1-75 pounds may be required
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.