- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Do you have strong analytical skills and like working in a fast-paced environment? Are you able to see the big picture and have well thought out ideas? Are you organized and able to handle multiple projects? Do you want to work at stable company that's growing? If you answered yes, then you may be the Industrial Engineer we've been looking for!
The Industrial Engineer will develop and modify manufacturing processes, analyze problems and develop solutions in coordination with other engineering personnel and process improvement teams. Reporting to a Senior Industrial Engineer, this new team member will establish and maintain methods and work standards to insure efficient and productive utilization of company resources.
Location: This hire will sit at the flagship manufacturing plant in Tulsa, OK.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead development of new or modified manufacturing processes and methods to reduce production costs, improve efficiency, quality, and facilitate processing
- Assist in updating and maintaining process routing systems to include proper routing sequences utilizing the preferred machining or assembly selection, tooling identification, and efficiency factors to provide minimum product cost
- If required, direct and instruct production personnel of process changes, tooling modifications, program changes, expected output, and other information
- Assist in reviewing product design releases of existing and new parts/assemblies and to recommend design changes that will facilitate product manufacturing or reduce costs
- Perform preparation of manufacturing cost estimates
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, recommending and justifying replacement in the purchasing of additional machine tools including any peripheral equipment
- Perform industrial engineering activities to provide manufacturing technical assistance, guidance and services
- Complete corrective action requests
- Develop and maintain shop work standards including floor studies by prescribed time study methods; estimate work standards and time values when required; write elemental descriptions for each operation
- Make delay studies to establish allowances; establish new job standards due to changes in engineering, methods, materials, tooling, equipment or job content
- Work with teams to mistake proof methods and processes
- Collect and analyze data for statistical process control
- Utilize Six Sigma methodology
- Train improvement teams to utilize Six Sigma methodology
- Conduct work balance studies
- Conduct capability studies
- Participate in Design for Manufacturing efforts
- Conduct Process FEMAs for machining and assembly operations
- Assist in the writing of ISO 9001 work instructions
- Research opportunities for material, machine, and tooling improvements
Experience: 1-3+ years of experience or recently college graduate
Education: Bachelor's degree in industrial, manufacturing, or other applicable engineering area
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Experience in a precision machining, or manufacturing environment is a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing functions, including methods, processing, tooling, work standards, plant layout, and cost controls and reduction
- Knowledge and skills to learn to develop and implement CNC part programming to effectively support machining and robotic operations and assembly processes
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed drawings, sketches, notes, and blueprints
- Knowledge of metric dimensions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Flexibility to effectively adapt to changing conditions and job assignments
- Ability to work well with others
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Reports to: Sr. Industrial Engineer
Physical Activity: Occasional lifting of objects ranging from 1 - 75 pounds may be required
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media