Field Sales Manager - East (PA, DE, MD)
- Remote Position, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Muncie Power Products, an industry leader in Power Take-Offs and mobile power components to the truck equipment industry, has an immediate opening within the Sales Department for a Field Sales Manager - East. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager - East, this hire will administer, coordinate and implement all sales activities within a designated region and conduct necessary training and public relations to support sales activities and customer support.
Location: This is a "Remote" position. Preferred locations for this hire include the following states: Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel throughout a designated region to promote, sell, and diagnose system issues for company products
- Plan own itinerary, schedule contacts with O.E.M's, distributors and end users and determine their needs; develop a territorial marketing plan
- Evaluate market penetration in the assigned region; work from leads, market data and customer inquiries
- Collaborate and work in partnership with Field Sales Manager - Market when appropriate for applicable O.E.M. accounts in the sales territory as appropriate
- Perform routine, and non-routine, follow up visits
- Submit account applications for credit evaluation
- Conduct product training classes
- Assist customers with placing orders with customer service
- Assist customers with merchandising, advertising and sales strategies
- Notify technical service personnel of special or unique problems, helps diagnose system issues
- Keep abreast of competitor activities in the region
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Use company software and sales programs (CRM)
- Assist with warranty evaluation and completion of warranty paperwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to live in sales territory and to travel extensively
• Experience: 3+ years of work experience and knowledge of applicable industry standards
• Education: B.S. in Design, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Fluid Power, Business, Marketing, and/or commensurate experience in lieu of degree
• Language: English; Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Knowledge of heavy truck equipment industry preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed and ability to work well with others as well as working independently
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Travel: Up to 75%
Position Reports to: Regional Sales Manager - East
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.