Market Specialist - Hose & Fittings (Eastern Region)
- Remote Position, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Muncie Power Products, an industry leader in Power Take-Offs and mobile power components to the truck equipment industry, has an immediate opening within the Sales Department for a Market Specialist - Hose and Fittings (East). Reporting to the Business Development Director of Hose & Connectors, this hire will secure contracts with existing and new customers across the Eastern Territory (traveling at a rate of 75%), ensuring assigned sales targets and quotas are met.
Location: This hire will work remotely and must reside in the Eastern Region within reasonable proximity to a major airport.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call on a specific set of vocationally aligned accounts and coordinates with local Zone Sales Manager and Market
- Specialists to assist in other accounts as requested
- Plan an efficient travel schedule, to existing accounts and prospective customers
- Develop market intelligence, customer intelligence and competitive intelligence related to assigned markets
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to product delivery
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and cost benefits of each
- Participate in and pursue training/education as needed for assigned markets
- Maintain a high level of Hose and Fitting market and competitor knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects
- Make presentations to senior managers and decision makers
- Draft and deliver proposals involving competitive product conversion, logistics and pricing
- Provide technical expertise in hydraulic hose and fittings to all members of Muncie Power Products
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with local Zone Sales Managers to ensure that all assigned markets are adequately covered
- Attend trade shows as needed and assist in the planning of trade shows for assigned markets
- Participate in cross-functional teams as needed to ensure the needs of their assigned markets are adequately represented in strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value and identify strategic customer motivators
- Report on sales activity using company software and sales program
- Utilize company CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools to track all sales activity and progress is sales cycles
- Provide forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes for all accounts
- Work with customer service to pro-actively address customer problems
- Provide training classes to internal as well as external customers as needed, based on product and process knowledge base
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales and improve company brand image
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing and management to develop and improve sales tools
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Direct special projects as needed for advancement of company objectives
- Travel throughout the United States; must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Experience: 3+ years of sales related field or equivalent industry experience in Hydraulic Hose & Fittings and/or Industrial or Manufacturing Sales
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Business, Marketing or other applicable fields of study
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Reports to: Business Development Director, Hose & Connectors
- Proficiency in modern computer technology including Microsoft Office Products and web browsing software
- Working knowledge of smart phones and tablets
- Ability to create effective customer and company presentations and reports
- Ability to travel to meetings, site visits, customer locations and inspections; valid state driver's license is required; position
- May require travel outside of the US and requires possession of a valid passport within 60 days of employment
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive mindset and a strong desire to succeed
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.