Market Specialist, Snow & Ice - Central (IA, IL, KS, KY, MO, NE, OH, OK, MI, WI)
- Remote Position, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Reporting to the Group Sales Manager, the Snow & Ice Market Specialist (Central Region), develops and executes sales strategies with current and prospective accounts to maximize market share for the Muncie Power Products Snow & Ice Division.
Location: This hire will work remotely and must reside in the Midwest Region within reasonable proximity to a major airport. An ideal candidate will reside any of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, or Wisconsin.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call on a specific set of vocationally aligned accounts and coordinates with local Zone Sales Manager to assist in other accounts as requested
- Serves as the primary contact for Muncie Power Products to assigned vocations and markets
- Responsible for business growth and development for assigned markets for the S&I Division
- Develop market intelligence, customer intelligence, and competitor intelligence related to assigned markets
- Work closely with the Product Development Team and Technology Solutions Group
- Work closely with local Zone Sales Managers to ensure that all assigned markets are adequately covered
- Attend trade shows as needed and assist in the planning of trade shows for assigned markets
- Compile notes at trade shows for internal distribution on market conditions, competitors and emerging trends
- Call on specialty body builders/truck up-fitters and end users
- Participate in cross-functional teams as needed to ensure the needs of their assigned markets are adequately represented in strategic initiatives
- Participate in and pursue training/education as needed for assigned markets
- Provide training classes to internal as well as external customers as needed, based on product and process knowledge base
- Assist customers with placing orders with customer service
- Help diagnose system issues for company products
- Direct special projects as needed for advancement of company objectives
- Develop and execute conversion strategies at assigned OEM accounts
- Travel throughout the Central United States; must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in a sales related field or equivalent industry experience
Education: A Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or Design, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Certification: International Fluid Power Society (preferred)
- Industrial or manufacturing sales and marketing experience is preferred
- Math skills, special relationship abilities, and the ability to understand "abstract" principles behind math and physics
- Proficiency in modern computer technology including Microsoft Office Products and web browsing software
- Working knowledge of smart phones and tablets
- Ability to create effective customer and company presentations and reports
- Ability to travel to meetings, site visits, customer locations and inspections; valid state driver's license is required; position may require travel outside of the US and requires possession of a valid passport within 60 days of employment
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive mindset and a strong desire to succeed
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Travel: Up to 75%
Position Reports to: Group Sales Director
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Muncie Power Products does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Muncie Power Products shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Muncie Power Products.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media