Marketing Communications Specialist
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
As a member of the Marketing team, the Marketing Communications Specialist coordinates company communication activities both internal and external across various platforms. This will include developing and writing content, proofing and editing content, and overseeing the distribution and branding through various communication channels. This person will also be responsible for creating and managing the content marketing plan.
Location: Corporate Headquarters; Muncie, IN
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, writes and edits content for key publications
- Create and execute content marketing strategy
- Coordinates all Marketing communications both internally and externally
- Oversee the distribution channels of all communications
- Distributes all communications through proper channels
- Interviews and collects data as needed to gather article content
- Writes and distributes press releases on a regular basis
- Writes engaging content working with key team members
- Develops social media strategy and content
- Oversee social media engagement
- Develops web and email marketing content strategy
- Provides writing, editing, and layout assistance for company literature
- Proof read and edit internal and external provided content
- Help develop copy for both print and digital advertisements
- Create a consistent approach to copy writing and content branding
- Assists with creating and distributing other corporate communications
- Assist in development of strategic marketing plan
- Works with Product team to develop content for new product initiatives
- Oversees the coordination and maintenance of industry media contacts
- Assists in development of internal and external presentations
- Participates in cross functional strategy teams.
- Completes other projects as directed.
- Stays abreast of new developments in marketing, public relations, and in the digital and print media industries
- Attend industry events and exhibitions as required
Experience: While three (3) years of experience in marketing, advertising or public relations is preferred, candidates must possess at least one year experience in a marketing communications or content marketing role
Education: BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, communication studies, public relations or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience writing and developing content for press releases, literature, website and other media
- Experience planning and executing a content marketing strategy
- Experience with website content management systems and email software
- Ability to travel to assist with trade shows, exhibitions and customers as needed
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Understanding of proper writing techniques including AP Style
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Office Suite and web based applications; experience with design software such as InDesign is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers, suppliers, trade show representatives and business associates
- Must be able to multi task effectively
- Ability to plan and schedule work and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain records and to prepare reports as required by management
- Experience and understanding of standard writing techniques
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write press releases, reports, and internal and external business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of groups including but not limited to managers, clients, customers and public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Manager of Marketing & Advertising
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.