Senior Product Designer
- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
The Muncie Power Products Engineering Department seeks two (2) Senior Product Designers. Reporting to the Manger of Engineering, these hires will perform detailed Power Take Off (PTO) assembly, 3-D models and drawings at the direction of one of several Product Design Engineers. The Senior Product Designers will perform fundamental design analysis, such as assembly tolerance stack-ups and part fits. They will also establish functional dimensioning schemes consistent with manufacturing processes. Lastly, the hires will partner with internal and external industrial engineers to optimize designs for manufacturing.
Location: This hire will sit at the flagship manufacturing plant in Tulsa, OK.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates three-dimensional (3-D) models and two-dimensional (2-D) detail drawings of new product designs and current product improvements
- Defines complex geometric tolerances and performs detailed tolerance stack-up analyses
- Generates bills of materials and engineering release documentation
- Checks other designer's work
- Maintains accurate drawing files and bills of materials
- Works directly with product engineers and drafters within a Product Development Process & Engineering Work Request structure
- Responsible for planning and organizing assignments to meet due dates
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of applicable machine design experience (designing, modeling and prints)
Education: Associate degree or certification in drafting technology or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with three-dimensional (3-D) modeling and two-dimensional (2-D) drawing software such as SolidWorks and ProEngineer
- Proficient at Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Extensive experience with dimensioning and tolerancing of precision rotating shaft machinery involving heat treated gears and shafts, bearings, cast housings of iron and aluminum and bolted joints
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to guide and direct drafters
- Detail oriented and well organized with both the work itself and record keeping
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Reports to: Manager of Engineer
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.