- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT andassembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
As a Maintenance Technician, your work will involve a combination of skills, to include: planning and laying out of work, repair of facilities, machines, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic equipment; the installation of new or transferred equipment and prescribed preventative maintenance on selected machines. Overall, the work requires rounded training and experience in many specified areas.
Location: This hire will sit at the flagship manufacturing plant in Tulsa, OK.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position due to "the operation of a motor vehicle, other vehicle (fork lift), equipment, machinery or power tools and/or repairing, maintaining or monitoring the performance or operation of any equipment, machinery, or manufacturing process, the malfunction of disruption of which could result in injury or property damage."
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot Numerical Controls (NC) and Programmable Logical Controller (PLC)
- Assures machines, mechanical equipment (includes hydraulic and pneumatic), electrical, electronic, and control equipment are repaired according to manufacturer's specifications
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Maintains preventive maintenance records
- Ensures facilities are in proper working order, including heating and cooling, plumbing, plant air, lighting, painting, general carpentry, etc.
- Recommends and coordinates utilization of contract technical maintenance support
- Trouble-shoots machines and equipment
- Plans and does layout work using blueprints, drawings, schematics, and graphs when necessary
- Selects and pulls materials necessary to complete the work
- Initiates ordering of parts for machine, equipment, and facility repairs
- Uses a variety of hand tools, maintenance tools, and test instruments
- Performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work
- Prepares written specifications for repairs and maintains records
- May perform minor welding, cutting, torching, and soldering tasks
- Operates forklift
- Lifts and moves heavy objects
- Keeps maintenance department and work areas clean and orderly
- Responsible for completing work orders and reporting labor hours worked
- Contributes to cost reductions and productivity improvements
- Communicates any problems to supervisor
Experience: Minimum of 3 years industrial maintenance experience required. Mechanical, electrical, and electronic experience preferred
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and industrial maintenance repair vocational training or certification from an accredited vocational institute
Language: English (Bilingual, a plus)
- Working, hands-on knowledge of PLC's and servo motor control systems
- Strong facility maintenance experience
- Good mechanical, electrical, and electronic aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, schematics, and graphs
- Ability to interpret written instructions
- Must be flexible to perform a variety of assignments
- Must be able to provide own basic maintenance and mechanic tools
- Ability to work well with others
Position Reports to: Sr. Industrial Engineer
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Muncie Power Products does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Muncie Power Products shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Muncie Power Products.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media