CNC Machinist - 3rd Shift
- Tulsa, OK, USA
- Full Time
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Muncie Power Products employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT andassembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
In over 80 years of business, Muncie Power Products has never had a layoff and we invest in our greatest assets - you! We offer our staff training opportunities throughout the year, wellness activities to keep you both mentally and physically sharp, and most importantly, an atmosphere of respect and professionalism. If you are tired of working in unacceptable conditions - enduring extreme heat during the summer and bone-chilling temperatures in the winter months - then our climate controlled facility will keep you comfortable so you can focus on providing quality products for our customers.
Due to increased sales and an expanded line of new products, we have several openings to join our team of third (3rd) shift Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) Machinist. We seek qualified individuals who can produce precise and consistent work output, which requires patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time.
These positions specialize in operation of precision CNC machining and/or gear cutting equipment, which requires knowledge of numeric controls, specialized tooling and other technology. This work involves performing close tolerance machining, setups, and use of a variety of precision measuring instruments. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes a steady, methodical work output so job routines can be completed on time and error-free.
Location: This hire will sit at the flagship manufacturing plant in Tulsa, OK.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously, as required
- Interprets written instructions and specifications, including blueprint reading
- Performs a variety of turning operations with aluminum, cast iron, and steel materials to specified tolerances
- Uses a variety of hand tools and measuring instruments
- Performs machine setups and tool changes
- Inspects finished parts
- Recommends process changes to optimize production and improve quality
- Communicates production status to supervisor and to shift personnel as required to assure any problems and/or schedules are understood
Experience: One (1) year CNC training in an accredited vocational institute and/or 3 years machining experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to interpret written instructions and specifications
- Good mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints and understand tolerances
- Experience in performing setups and tool changes
- Experience in finished parts inspection using various precision measurement tools
- Must be flexible to perform a variety of assignments
- Must be able to provide own basic inspection and hand tools
- Ability to work well with others
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.