Assistant Product Manager - Intern/Trainee
- Muncie, IN, USA
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust." We are all about the trust we build with our customers and our employees. We put our efforts into providing hydraulics and heavy work truck parts that are easy to sell because they are reliable and our customer service is dependable. We've been building customer relationships for 80 years now.
Want to be a trust building, solution making, self-driven team member? See below for job responsibilities, requirements and benefits offered.
The Assistant to Product Manager will assist the Product Managers and Product Development Engineers in the development of documentation relating to new product concepts and designs. They will develop and maintain technical information for existing products and support Sales and Training Departments by providing assistance for the development of training tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This individual will report to the Director of Product Development and will work on CAD model standardization, E-libraries and select product development projects.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior in a degree program for Mechanical Engineering Technology, or other applicable engineering or technical degree
Experience and Skills:
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office (Word, Excel) is a must; some MS Access and Power Point would be beneficial
- Drafting skills; experience with CAD software (Autocad, Pro-E, Solidworks or related type 3D CAD experience)
- Must have a mechanical mindset that can grasp hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed and push work thru
- Good listener; able to appropriately and accurately act upon given directions
- Must be flexible to adapt to continuous change
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Some hands on and lifting of products will be required