Shipping/Receiving Clerk - (Temp to Hire)
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for over 83 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Want to be a trust building, solution making, self-driven, Shipping & Receiving Clerk? See below for job responsibilities, requirements and benefits offered.
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk role is a temp to hire position. This position will check in and prepare merchandise to be placed into stock. They will also pull merchandise for prompt accurate shipping to customers/warehouses.
• Prepare merchandise for shipment by packaging, preparing records of goods shipped, filling out bills-of-lading, and invoices, posting weights, verifies accuracy of shipments
• Pull materials from stock using forklift and/or pallet
• Notify freight company of outbound shipments
• Load and unload trucks using forklift/pallet jack and place in proper storage locations
• Maintain stock in an orderly and safe manner.
• Keep work area clean
• Assist in prioritizing incoming and outgoing shipments
• Prepare UPS shipments
• Assist in inventory control
• Lift and move heavy objects
• Operate forklift in accordance with OSHA requirements
• Operate pallet jack, weight scale, box strapper, staple machine, hand held scanner and computer
• Route incoming merchandise and materials to proper departments
• Reject damaged goods and follow Company procedures for returns
• Observe all safety rules, company policies and procedures
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Associate degree or a minimum of 2 (two) years experience in a lean distribution/assembly environment preferred
• Shipping and receiving experience in a distribution environment preferred
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Must have legible handwriting
• Self motivated and work well with other employees
• Flexible to effectively adapt to changing conditions and job assignment
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.